Alison Westrup, MD, graduated from the University of Tulsa in 2015 with Bachelor of Science degrees in biology and psychology. She was an academic tutor and worked at the Laureate hospital in Tulsa before earning her Doctor of Medicine at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine in 2022. Dr. Westrup completed a year of neurosurgical training at OU Health, and is currently pursuing a Master of Business Administration at the University of Central Oklahoma. During her medical and neurosurgical training, Dr. Westrup gained significant experience in the Trauma/Emergency Departments caring for adult and pediatric patients.
Dr. Westrup holds a passion for research and global healthcare. She has over 15 publications in the medical literature with many in progress. Dr. Westrup devoted time in Africa caring for the underserved population of Erusi, Uganda, and is currently a World Neurosurgery Global Champion that provides free editorial services for research authors of low resourced countries.
- The University of Tulsa with a Bachelor of Science in biology and psychology
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center College of Medicine
- OU Health – Neurosurgical training
- The University of Central Oklahoma – Master of Business Administration
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Medical Association
Licenses and Certifications
- Oklahoma State Medical Board License
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support